Objective: Create a blog post to cover one of the panels during mass comm week
Due: the second day of the panel you attend, at 9 p.m.
For example, if you attend a panel on Monday, your blog post is due at Tuesday 9 p.m.
- If you are Tuesday evening class, attend at least one panel during the Mass Comm Week. (You can find the schedule at: http://www.txstatemcweek.com/)
- If you are Tuesday/Thursday afternoon class, you have to attend either Hugh Forrest Interview (Tuesday at 2 pm) or Telling Stories with Data (Thursday at 2 pm).
- After you attend the panel, write a blog post on the course blog: http://webdesignandpublishing.blogspot.com/
- You can write about one panel, or multiple panels. You can create two blog posts if you decide to write about two panels.
- Each post should be 500-1,000 words.
- Title: You must give your post a meaningful title that is related to the panel and the main subject of your post.
- Before you start your first paragraph, you must have a byline: By You Name
- Links: Include two or more relevant external links in the post. External links must open in a new window.
- Multimedia: If you take any photos or videos during the panel, you can include those as well.
- Your first paragraph should include which panel you attended and a thesis statement.
- The second paragraph (or second and third paragraphs) should include what was talked about in that panel.
- In the following paragraphs, you can include (but not limited to): how you agree or disagree, how the issue affects our daily lives, how the issue affects your field of interest, what aspects of point of views that are missing.