Objective: Use the features of Flash including ActionScript 3.0 to make a photo slideshow.
Due: Nov 16 (Wed), 9 p.m.
Email your URL to the instructor. Ex. http://www.yoursite.com/foldername/
Email subject must be: MC4315 Flash Exercise Your Name
Grading: Content: 30%, Design: 30%, Use of Technology: 40%
- Example: Trip to Chicago
- Step by Step Tutorial: Click to download pdf file
- If you did not bring any photo, here are some photos you can use for practice (but not for your assignment).
- You must use at least one button for navigation (i.e. “Next”).
- Use 10-15 of your own photos.
- Embed your Flash slideshow on a html page.
- You must use a stylesheet to control typography and links.
- Missing any of the previous four requirements of the “Overall Requirement” will result in a failing grade. So please follow the guidelines and requirements.
- For your photos, you MUST optimize and size them properly in Photoshop BEFORE importing into Flash.
- Create a logo for the site in Photoshop or Flash (it has to be a new logo, not the ones you used in Project 2 or Project 3).
- Buttons that navigate between photos must fully function as rollovers.
- All photos must have a caption.
- Use appropriate ActionScript to stop and advance the slideshow.
- Photos must have a tween effect (fading). Import photos into frames. Tween effect should be on movie clip in each frame.
- Export Flash movie to .swf format.
- Include appropriate external links to other applicable sites. You must have at least one external link in the site.
- Include date, email, Flash Player link in html page (i.e. at the bottom of the page).
- Create the appropriate html page to insert your Flash movie and upload to Web in a new folder. Files you need to be in the folder and upload: index.html, style.css, ooxx.swf.
- Make sure the project is linked on your assignment page (Project 2).