Objective: Use iMovie to create a short video with your own clips
Due: Nov 10 or 12, in class.
Email your project to the instructor (youtube link)
Email subject line must be: MC4315 Video Your Name (Grade students: MC5312 Video Your Name)
- iMovie handout.
- NO VERTICAL VIDEOS!!
- Use the features of iMovie discussed to create a short movie.
- You will shoot video clips and interview students about their technology usage. Keep notes of who you interviewed (name and title. you will need this later).
- You yourself CANNOT be in the video.
- You cannot interview anyone in our class.
- Before you start interviewing students, come up with a topic and meaningful questions. Discuss the topic and questions with the instructor.For example: Do Students Prefer iOS or Android? Why?
- Shoot video clips of students talking about their technology usage and/or answering the questions you asked.
- Also shoot some b-roll of students using computers, cell phones, etc.
- Open a New Project in iMovie. Import the clips to a new event.
- In iMovie, use the handout and tutorial to include the following
- At least 3 clips edited properly
- The beginning of the video must be a B-roll with voice-over
- Use additional B-rolls and voice-overs while needed
- At least one transition
- Add title when a person is talking.
- Video should be between 60 to 90 seconds in total.
- Ending credit.
- Export the video using the proper setting (Click on “Share” -> “Export” ). The file you exported should be a MOV or MP4 or M4V file.
- Upload to Youtube. Send the Youtube link to the instructor.