Please click and download.
- 3 tweets or instagram images of different speakers.
- 3 tweets of quotes from the speakers.
- 3 tweets responding to different talks.
- Put everything together in Storify. You need to describe each tweet.
- Tweet the storify link by Oct 25, 9pm.
Option 2: Cover a talk
- Go to ONE single event.
- Tweet and instagrm and make notes of the event.
- Cover the talk on storify, with text and tweets.
Here’s a tutorial on how to use TextEdit to create HTML files:
We will have some extra lab hours on the last two days of summer I. On 7/1, we will cover WordPress design and optional lab hours in the evening. On 7/2, we will have presentations in the afternoon and optional lab hours in the evening.
7/1: 2-5pm and 6-9pm
7/2: 2-5pm and 6-9pm
Objective: Use the features of HTML, CSS, and jQuery to make a photo slideshow.
Due: June 25 (Tuesday), 9 p.m.
Email your URL to the instructor. Ex. http://subdomain.yoursite.com/
Email subject must be: MC4315 Photo Slideshow Your Name (Grad students: MC5312 Photo Slideshow Your Name)
Grading: Content: 30%, Design: 30%, Use of Technology: 40%
- Example: Trip to Chicago
- Download the template (this template was downloaded from http://slidesjs.com/, then modified for this class).
- Download index.html and style.css
We always try to push things a little bit further in our Web Design & Publishing class. So now, all students need to create a WordPress website for their final project! They have a month to work on it, and today the first group of students from the Tuesday evening class presented their projects.
We have open lab hours during final exam week, starting on 12/7. You can come in anytime you want to.
This post is an example of WordPress photo gallery plugin FancyBox.
- Go to FancyBox page on WordPress.org directory.
- Download the plugin.
- Go to your site’s Dashboard -> Plugins -> Add New -> Upload.
- Activate the plugin.
- Page -> Add New
- Click on the “Add Media” icon that is on the upper-left when you are editing a page/post.
- Upload all photos for the gallery.
- Put in “title” and “caption.”
- Insert gallery.
- Publish the page/post. (more…)